From OpenLiteSpeed Wiki
(Redirected from Repositories)
We offer repositories for CentOS 5, 6, 7, Debian 7, 8 & Ubuntu 12, 14, 16
CentOS 5, 6 & 7 | Debian 7,8 | Ubuntu 12, 14,16 | Amazon Linux
Add the Repository
Use the following commands to add our CentOS repositories:
rpm -ivh http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/centos/litespeed-repo-1.1-1.el5.noarch.rpm
rpm -ivh http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/centos/litespeed-repo-1.1-1.el6.noarch.rpm
rpm -ivh http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/centos/litespeed-repo-1.1-1.el7.noarch.rpm
Debian 7, 8 & Ubuntu 12,14, 16:
wget -O - http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/debian/enable_lst_debain_repo.sh | bash
wget http://rpms.litespeedtech.com/centos/litespeed.repo -P /etc/yum.repos.d/
For CentOS: yum install openlitespeed
For Debian & Ubuntu: apt-get install openlitespeed
The above command installs the latest version of OpenLiteSpeed. You can also specify version numbers, for example
yum install openlitespeed-1.2.1, will install older versions. 1.2.1 is the oldest version in the repository.
Note: The OpenLiteSpeed packages in our repositories have SPDY enabled. The binary also includes the OpenSSL library needed to run SPDY. You do not have to install OpenSSL 1.0.1 to use SPDY if you download the package from the repositories.
For CentOS: yum install lsphp56 lsphp56-common lsphp56-mysql lsphp56-gd lsphp56-process lsphp56-mbstring lsphp56-xml lsphp56-mcrypt lsphp56-pdo lsphp56-imap lsphp56-soap lsphp56-bcmath ln -sf /usr/local/lsws/lsphp54/bin/lsphp /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5
For Debian & Ubuntu: apt-get install lsphp56-* ln -sf /usr/local/lsws/lsphp56/bin/lsphp /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5
For CentOS: The above commands will install PHP 5.6 for OpenLiteSpeed from our repository with all commonly used packages and direct OpenLiteSpeed to use this PHP. This build of PHP should be enough to support most commonly used web applications.
For Debian & Ubuntu: The above commands will install PHP 5.6 with all commonly used packages for OpenLiteSpeed from our Debian Repo, and direct OpenLiteSpeed to use this PHP. This build of PHP should be enough to support most commonly used web applications.
- The default installation directory is /usr/local/lsws.
- For detailed information on controlling the server processes, please see the administration guide.
- To start the server, simply run
/usr/local/lsws/bin/lswsctrl start. (To stop it, run
- A sample site should be running on the server.
- To access your site, point your browser to http://[address]:8088/, [address] being the IP address or domain name of your web server machine. Use "localhost" if the server is on the machine you are using. By default, OpenLiteSpeed runs on port "8088".
- A congratulations page linked to other testing pages should load into the browser when pointed to the above address. If not, try testing the WebAdmin interface.
- The default port for the WebAdmin console is 7080.
- Plug https://[address]:7080/, into your browser to go to the WebAdmin interface.
- Remember the "https://" and that for [address] you can use "localhost" if you're currently using the machine the server is on.
- A login page should load. The defaults for the administrator's user name and password are "admin" and "123456".
- For detailed information regarding configuration, please refer to our Configuration Guide, or click the "Help" link at the top of each page.
- If your server uses a firewall, please make sure that localhost is trusted.
- For instance, Linux with IPTables should include a rule ALLOW INPUT from LO.
- If your website and the WebAdmin console are inaccessible, please take a look at the error log
- If there is a TCP port conflict with other server applications, you will need to stop the application currently running on port 7080. The following command can be used to check port 7080:
netstat -an | grep 7080. If the port is available, the command will produce no output.
- If the swapping directory is not writable, you can either grant writing permission for the swapping directory to the user whom the web server is running as, or change the swapping directory's configurations manually. The swapping directory is configured in the server's XML configuration file:
/usr/local/lsws/conf/httpd_config.xml. Search the XML file for "swappingDir". The default location for the swapping directory is
- If you still have problems with installation, please check the OpenLiteSpeed Development Group.